Pumpkin Cheese Waffles
Cheese Pumpkin Waffles Recipe:
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 Tab brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon alspice (or alternately, pumpkin pie spice blend)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 & 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 Tab. melted butter
1) In a large mixing bowl and using a fork, mash together the cream cheese and pumpkin until well incorporated with one another. Slowly add buttermilk and well beaten eggs and whisk together.
2) In another bowl combine dry ingredients, sifting flower if possible and pour into wet ingredients being sure to beat smooth. Add the melted butter last and blend well. Let sit a few minutes before pouring onto hot waffle iron.
The waffle iron being used will determine how many this recipe will make but we were able to create 8 Belgium waffles.
Image: Magda & mam for Gave That